Head of the Institute Mikalai Yakouchyk
Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Doctor of Economics, Professor
Professional development and retraining institute of agribusiness specialists is a multifunctional university subdivision which provides professional development of agribusiness specialists throughout their labour activity according to agribusiness labour market demands and raises the professional competence of the managerial staff and specialists in three educational programmes of professional development. More than 3000 learners improve their professional skills annually.
The institute provides:
1. Retraining of the managerial staff and specialists with higher education in the following specialities:
- Management of Organizations and Subdivisions of the agro-industrial complex with qualification obtained ''Manager'', for specialists in reserve for chief position occupations, full-time 3,5 months' period of education and correspondence course lasts 23 months; period of education of specialists in reserve for chief position occupations (for the 4-5th year students) is 18 months;
- Educational Activity of Specialists with qualification obtained ''Lecturer in accordance with the university degree qualification''for teaching staff of agricultural educational establishments;
- Economy and Management at Agribusiness Enterprises with qualification obtained ''Economist'';
- Labour Protection in Agriculture with qualification obtained ''Labour Protection Specialist'';
2. Professional development of the managerial staff and specialists of regional food and agricultural organizations, service enterprises, processing plants of the agro-industrial complex oriented towards innovative development of industry.
3. Practice of the managerial staff and specialists in agribusiness.
Training at the Institute is provided by highly-qualified teaching staff. Quite frequently the Institute conducts practical classes at the agro-industrial complex enterprises, processing plants, farm machinery manufacturing plants, laboratories of the Scientific Practical Center and introduces to its trainees the new developments of the National Academy of Science of the Republic of Belarus, the Ministry of Industry and State Standard of the Republic of Belarus. Different International and Republican exhibitions are also visited during the training period.
A modern educational and technical basis is at the disposal of the Institute. It also makes use of the bases of the specialized chairs of Belarusian State Agrarian Technical University, the Republican educational center of practical training, research laboratories, affiliated chairs of the University at the research institutions, industrial and agricultural enterprises.
Professional development and retraining institute in agribusiness develops educational services export. Period association contracts with the educational establishments of Russia, Kazakhstan andother countries are made.
The trainees of the professional development and retraining institute in agribusiness live at comfortable hostels. At the trainees' disposal there is a library, reading halls, a canteen and cafes, a first-aid post, a stadium and various sports grounds.
99 Nezavisimosti Avenue, Building 5/1
220023 Minsk, Belarus
Tel.: +375 17 267 46 36, +375 17 263 71 22, +375 17 263 67 56